To define our business culture, in 2019 AES embarked on a journey to identify and articulate our business purpose, values, and behaviors – specifically, why we work here and what we believe in. Over 1,000 employees participated in this year-long effort. The results are the following business values and purpose.
Our ASPIRE Values
- We lead by example.
- We deliver on our promises.
- We do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do.
- Safety is our foundation – we bring it everywhere we go.
- We follow our processes and procedures.
- We are accountable for the safety of ourselves and those around us.
- Our people are our most important resource.
- We value and respect everyone’s contribution.
- We take care of our people, and our people take care of the business.
- One crew, one journey.
- We are stewards of the environment where we live and work.
- We honor the values of our founders as we develop the future.
- We encourage the right balance.
- We conduct ourselves with empathy and compassion.
- We cultivate strong relationships with our clients and colleagues.
EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE QUALITY
- We partner with our clients to provide innovative solutions.
- We care for our clients’ business like we do our own.
- We deliver excellence by focusing on client needs and continuously improving our performance.
Our Business Purpose
TO FIND SOLUTIONS FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
We are here to make where we live and work sustainable for future generations. Alaska’s natural resources are finite, and the energy industry is ever-changing. If our business, and Alaska, is going to be sustainable for generations to come, we need to be an invested solutions provider.
Alaska’s problems are our problems. Our clients’ problems are our problems. We are here to solve those problems for a sustainable future – for ourselves, our shareholders, our families, our communities, and for future generations.